SBM (G) Objectives
- Bring about an improvement in the general quality of life in the rural areas.
- Accelerate sanitation coverage in rural areas to achieve the vision of Swachh Bharat Mission by 02nd October 2019 with all gram panchyats attaining Nirmal status.
- Motivate communities and Panchyat Raj Institutes promoting sustainable sanitation facilities through awareness creation and health education.
- To monitor schools and Anganwadi Centres in the rural area for proper sanitation facilities and undertake proactive promotion of hygiene education and sanitary habits among students.
- Encourage cost effective and appropriate technologies for ecologically safe and sustainable sanitation.
- Develop community managed environmental sanitation system focusing on solid & liquid waste management for overall cleanliness in the rural areas.